2 libraries must be installed: HITIComm and HITICommSupport.
1) Performing automatic installation
1) Start HITIPanel.
2) When the software starts, it automatically tries to install or update the libraries in your Arduino sketchbook folder. The first time you start the software, you should thus get a message telling you whether the installation or update succeeded or not.
If installation or update failed:
- Try deactivating your anti-virus as it might interfere with the installation. Then restart the software.
- Try performing a manual installation.
2) Checking installation
- Open the Arduino IDE.
- Go to menu Sketch\Include Library.
HITIComm and HITICommSupport should appear under “Contributed libraries”. If this is the case, this means libraries were correctly installed. Else, try performing a manual installation.
3) Performing manual installation
- Click on Sketch\Include Library\Add .ZIP Library...
- In the dialog that appears, open the zip file at the following location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\HITISoftware\HITIPanel\HITIComm\HITIComm_x.x.x.zip
- The library is added to the library folder of your sketchbook (default sketchbook location: C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Arduino\libraries). A message in the IDE should confirm that the library has been correctly installed.
- Go to menu Sketch\Include Library and check that HITIComm appears under “Contributed libraries”.
- Repeat step 1) to 4) with the following zip file:
C:\Program Files (x86)\HITISoftware\HITIPanel\HITIComm\HITICommSupport_x.x.x.zip