After an attempt to open the COM port, you may encounter the following issues:
1) The indicator remains ORANGE or RED
This indicates a problem with the COM port. Try the following actions to make the indicator green :
- Check the COM port:
- Is it the correct one?
- Is the port not already opened by another software?
- Re-select the port (drop-down list)
- Close the port (button), then re-open it
- Close the port, unplug your Arduino, then re-plug it and re-open the port
- Restart HITIPanel (may be required if you plugged in a new board and a new Arduino USB COM port driver was installed)
- Close HITIPanel, unplug your Arduino, then re-plug it and re-open HITIPanel
2) The indicator is GREEN, but your Arduino remains unidentified
Communication could not be established. Possible reasons are either a bad baudrate settings, or a problem in your code, or a compatibility issue with your Arduino. Try the following actions :
- Check the baudrate settings. The baudrate value must be the same in your code and in HITIPanel.
- Re-upload your code
- Check for bugs in your code
- Check that your Arduino board is compatible with HITIPanel